(the beginning of the collection at
Mining: the movement of ore from the mine finished 16th October and the
Mine was completely closed down 21st November. Just for this year of course.
Wedding Bells: Marriage Commissioner "Bill" and Rev. D. W.
- Nov. 3 - Yrjo Lajunen and Hilka Liisa Mulo
- Nov. 15 - Ernest (Ernie) Joachim Pantel and Maria Theresia Von Romberg
- Nov. 21 - Ira Edzerza and Lillian Caroline Williams
- Nov. 27 - Kenneth Pryor and Lillian Florence Berryman
Births: Dr. W. J. McCall
- Oct. 12 - son David Alexander to John and Rosemarie Bertram
- Oct. 21 - son Paul Julien Joseph to Charles (Chuck) and Juliet (Julie)
- Oct. 23 - daughter Jutta Martha to Karl and Hidegaard Voss
- Nov. 9 - daughter Christine Rosemary to Peter Anthony and Paullet Davies
Are you there???:
We now have communication with the world by telephone. On Tuesday, 29th
October, Superintendent of Northwest Communications Ltd. made the first
telephone call to our President Mr. F. M. Connell in Toronto Office. The line
was good. To further prove the possibilities of long distance communication a
call was placed to Mrs. J.T. Adamson (Mr. Adamson being a visitor at that time,
Managing Director of James Hardie & Col. Sydney, Australia) to Sydney,
Australia and in 20 minutes the call was completed. Do you know that it is
believed that Cassiar to Watson Lake (100 miles) is the longest distance between
local and long distance operator?
Coming Events: The community
club lounge should be serving liquids shortly, so they say. Oh when oh when will
this day be? Can we be lucky and have it as a Christmas present???
Steward Road: A Bailey
Bridge was launched on Saturday, November 30th, across the Dease River to
replace the damaged structure. Now we will be able to fish in the Dease Lake.
- Christening - by Father H. Huybjers, Nov. 7 - Alfred Dick and Agnes
- Armistice Service - Ex. Regl. St. Major "Mickey" Dopson led the
- Curling rink - "... Its all been insulated now and it should be a
real pleasure curling this year. Ladies make special not of this. New
matched rocks have been purchased, so there will be no excuse "I picked
up the wrong rock - that's why I missed my shot."
- Curling Club officials: Craigie Hood, Dick Stevens, Bob Younger, Andre
Beguin, Ken Donald, Hans Beyer, & Archie Campbell
- Halloween Dance - judged by Archie Campbell, Lila Corran and Lawyer
Charlie. Winners: Meg McCall, P. Davies and Hazel Jardine.
- Farewell to Don and Velma Edgecombe. Don was Retail Store Supervisor.
- Trevor Horsley has joined us.
- Hans Hatzig broke his leg skating.
- Principal McAndrews and P. Davies, President of P.T.A. have contacted
Santa Claus to get his reindeer out Thursday 19th December to visit the
children of Cassiar.
- Do you know that gambling in the Rec Hall is STRICTLY PROHIBITIED?
- Smoking at the Picture Show is getting out of hand. How about it fellows?
- If you want to play hockey with a $3.50 stick see Hugh Grenier and he will
sell you one for $1.50. You are being subsidized.
- Child bites man - Susan Thirwell took a chunk out of "Ed" --
- He got his man - A notch went into the gun of our noted hunter Boosey. He
shot his own toe off or, at least, its hanging.
School Christmas Concert:
- Two plays led by Principal McAndrew and Mrs. Johnson and production by
Marge McKenzie and Uncle Willie.
- "Mary Jane's Helpers" cast: Margaret Merchant, Darlene Wilson,
Stanley Stewart, John Forbes, Richard Wilson
- "Dick Whittington and his Cat" cast: Chris Grayson, Willie
Merchant, Millie Forbes, Carol McKenzie, Walter Hanley.
- See Renate Voss's photo album page for pictures.
Gone for Christmas holidays:
- Dick and Kay Kirwan
- Jack, Eleanor and John Berry
- Ken, Betty, Jean, Margie and Normie Scrimger
- Louise and Alton Johnson
- Bob Younger
- Charlie and Ruth Bronson
This page was last edited
Monday, February 02, 2015
below to access various sections of this site.
Use the Contact
Page (Home section) to contact webmaster Herb Daum.