Only July right now - sorry.
- Cassiar Asbestos wins the Open Pit Trophy 'B' Award for Lowest Accident
Rate. Andre Beguin accepted the award on behalf of "... the wives, the
workers, the supervisors, directors and head office management, each and
every employee..." [See photos on Bob Lovell's page]
- School Principal Art received a gift of appreciation for his many years
serving the school.
- Bob Lovell received the Raybestos - Manhattan Community Award for his
outstanding contribution to the community (Boy Scouts, Wolf Cubs, Curling
Club, Anglican Church). Helen Lovell received special mention at the time
for her participation in the community.
- Special Guests to 1st Cassiar Cub and Scout Group Father & Son night
at the new Scout Camp: Fr. Poulet, Charley Bronson, Gordon Edwards, Fred
Clark, Rupert McKenzie, Cam Church, George Brewer, George Flake, and Gerald
Lane. Thanks were extended to Bob Lovell the Cub and Scoutmaster, his
assistants Mrs. Pat Flanagan, Helen Lovell, and Brian Donner.
- W. Zelisney's departure leaves vacant his position of President of the
Lions' Club. Vito Demitri filled the vacancy.
- At the Royal Bank Boyd Topham was replaced by Bill Thompson.
- Pierre Des Jardins takes over from John Saba as Chef at the Cookery.
- Goodbye to Rettich and Schorcht families and to teachers Karen Kuil and
- Archie Campbell, Frontier College Supervisor inspects the program operated
by Jon Broadberry and newcomer John Kudryk.
This page was last edited
Monday, February 02, 2015
below to access various sections of this site.
Use the Contact
Page (Home section) to contact webmaster Herb Daum.